Creating Your Poster
How many times can I customize a poster?
You can re-customize any purchased poster over and over again for up to a year from the purchase date.
How do I add my logo or footer to a design or product?
On the poster customization page, you will find an upload button wherever an image can be placed. From there, follow the upload instructions that appear. You can also upload images by navigating to the “Organizations” section of your account.
What are some quick guidelines for the logo and footer images?
- Must be a PNG file (recommended) or JPG file
- Should be at least 900 pixels wide OR at least 600 pixels tall
- Can be RGB, CMYK or Grayscale
- Must be a PNG file or JPG file (recommended)
- Must be 3375 pixels wide by 638 pixels tall
- Can be RGB, CMYK or Grayscale
What is the best size and resolution for my logo and footer image?
Logos can be a variety of sizes. But the larger it is, the better it will print. Our system automatically places logos within a specified area that’s approximately 3” wide by 1.5” tall area. We recommend that your logo is at least 900 pixels wide or at least 600 pixels tall.
Footers, on the other hand, must exactly fit the required size of 11.25” wide by 2.125” tall. This means your image needs to be 3375 pixels wide by 638 pixels tall. For quality assurance, if you try to upload an image that’s smaller than this or has the wrong dimensions, our system will notify you and ask for a different image. Sound like jibberish? Perhaps we should do this for you! Give us a call at 855-782-7568.
How do I create a footer image?
The easiest way is to download and use our Footer Template. If that makes your brain hurt, contact us and we’ll create one for you. See above question for more details.
What info should go in my footer image?
That’s entirely up to you! A typical footer might include info about your organization such as the organizations name, website address, phone numbers, physical address, and box office hours.
It might also include sponsor logos. Or a panda bear. Everyone loves pandas.
What is the “footer caption” used for?
The footer caption is an optional text field that appears at the very bottom of each poster. It accommodates up to two lines of text. This area is reserved for crediting the production’s licensing company as well as any other disclaimer text.
How do I create a logo with transparent background?
- Open your logo file in Adobe Photoshop
- Select Layer -> New Layer from Background
- Your image should now be on Layer 0.
- If there are any areas of your image that you would like to be transparent, clear those areas. You may do this using the "select tool" or the "magic wand" tool. When you have selected the area you want to be transparent, select Edit -> Clear to remove that image data and make it transparent. You should see the background "checkerboard" in its place.
- Once you are finished setting your transparent regions, save your file as a PNG by selecting File -> Save As... and choosing PNG as your output format.
- Upload the file to Subplot Studio and start customizing your poster!
What types of images are supported?
Subplot Studio supports images in JPEG and PNG formats. These formats will produce great results as long as the resolution meets or exceeds our recommendations. We support full transparency for PNG files. This can be especially useful if your organization’s logo is an irregular shape and should print without a surrounding white background.
- The JPEG format supports millions of colors, which allows for great design flexibility.
- The JPEG format compresses the image information, keeping file sizes small and reducing upload times.
- Most design programs can save images in JPEG format.
- The PNG format includes full alpha transparency support!
- PNG is a completely lossless compression format.
- Most graphic design programs (e.g. Photoshop) can create PNG images.
What color profiles should I use?
Any color profile will work. However, we recommend using an sRGB color profile for images. We also support CMYK and Grayscale images.